In this small article, we shall try to define the term called “malicious mischief”. Any kind of mischievous or malicious physical injury caused either to a property or on the rights of others or any public and without taking permission of the owner.
You may also visit the website https://memphiscrime.org/ to know more about law and order situation of Memphis.
Following acts will always be considered as malicious mischief:
- Trying to damage any building or vessel by explosion
- Trying to burn timber, crops or grass
- Trying to alter or remove a light or signal for a vessel or railroad by exhibiting any kind of false light or signal
- Trying to injure, destroy, deface or remove maliciously any of the following:
- Street marker
- Private way
Also, any other monument to designate:
- Telegraph/telephone wire/cable
- Appurtenances belonging to pipe for conducting water or gas
- Appurtenances belonging to electric lines, posts, lamps
- Appurtenances belonging to sewer/drain/pipe connected by fire hydrants, hose/appliances, danger and guideposts or fire extinguishers
- Trying to enter orchard, garden or improved cultivated/enclosed lands of any other person to willfully destroy, carry away/injure any trees, shrubs, vines, moss, flowers, turf, grain, hay, grass, fruit/vegetables.
- Trying to dig, take or carry away earth/soil/stone from land of any others
- Trying to place any structure on the land of any others
- Trying to break plate glass windows/doors of any others
- Trying to break deface or injure any religious house of worship
- Trying to connect any pipe, tube, wire or any other instrument with certain instrument used for fuel, conducting gas, water or electricity, in a manner by using electricity, gas, fuel or water without it passing through meter or any other instrument
- Trying to alter, injure or prevent the action of meter, stopcock, valve or any other instrument meant to measure gas quantity, electricity or water
- Trying to break, deface or cause breaking or defacing the seal on water meter
- Trying to apply brake or block any car standing at any railroad track
- Trying to take or carry any coal/other fuel from railroad car
- Trying to cut maliciously, let loose, destroy or injure any boat, raft, boat, watercraft floating mill or vessel of some other
- Willfully or deliberately destroying or carrying rails/boards/wood or any other lumber of other, or tearing down or removing any structure, destroy or remove any plumbing or electrical equipment
- Maliciously trying to destroy, injure/secrete any chattels, goods/valuable papers of any other
- Unnecessarily removing, cutting, injuring or destroying any shrub, tree, vine, moss/turf growing
- Trying to use automobile of any other person without his consent
- Trying to top, burn, cut, break down, injure/destroy, or interrupt/interfere with current, cables, lines, towers, poles, fixtures/appliances of telephone/telegraph company
- Trying to damage electric light or any power company engaged in providing communication, heat, light or electrical power line to injure, destroy, remove or interfere with gas, water/electrical fixtures/appliances.