Bryce Canyon Park is the most visited places in Utah. It is not actually canyons but a bunch of naturally occurred amphitheaters, which are made of hoodoos. Hoodoos are actually sediment rocks that were collected by the erosion of water from lakes and rivers and also frost weathering. Actually, their unique colors like red, white and orange make sit a major attraction.
If one has to explore and enjoy various activities held in Bryce Canyon, then they should visit the place during winter after snow fall. Snow has never been a cause of stopping all fun around the plateau. Locals remove snow from the path to avoid hindrance in tourism. If snow is less, then horse riding is fun and other activities like skiing, star gazing, hiking is also exciting.
Horseback riding in Bryce Canyon is very important as it gives you the chance to explore all corners of the place. If you’re first time visitor and have never been to higher altitude of more than 8000 ft., then it is wise to take horse rather than hiking. Most people lose their breath at higher altitude and faint. It is difficult to get medical assistance at that point unless you don’t reach your hotel.
To avail the best service of horse riding is through experienced agencies like Ruby’s Horseback provided by Ruby’s Inn on the top of Bryce Canyon. This service is providing all year and in different packages. Depending upon the age limit the course of time is decided for each rider. It is also checked that kids aren’t below the age of seven years old, and first time riders aren’t taken for long trips. Thus, half day and full day trips are also provided accordingly with trained horses and experienced staff.
Here are some tips on how to enjoy the tour to Bryce Canyon –
- Hiking and trekking gives you a chance to explore all four main points (Sunset point, Sunrise point, Inspiration point and Bryce point) and also view gardens that are full of hoodoos.
- After a hectic day of excursion you can relax at one point and watch stars through telescope. Star gazing is a romantic feeling and fun filled for kids.
- At night you can also try full moon walk or give some rest to your feet by taking a horse ride.
- During summer, shuttle is provided for tourists that takes them to various sights. It is good to take a shuttle instead of personal conveyance, as they also provide guides who will take you for a ride.
- 80 km of stretch covers the whole park where you can view the Queen’s Garden, the Navajo Loop, the Peek a Boo Trail, Three Wise Men Formation, the Cathedral and Wall of Windows. You can either walk down or take a horse ride.
- It is a national Park that consists of various plant species which in cannot imagine of, also the land is full of animals. Thus, you need to keep an eye on all passing animals to view a Mule deer or Utah prairie dog.
Since, it is your first time at Bryce Canyon, it is good to watch the small video that is shown at the Bryce Canyon’s entrance gate and take a map that shows the trails to all points, gardens and amphitheaters.