Emails just went out to all people who pre-ordered the Light L16 with the following information.
It has been a busy few weeks here at Light. We started running internal alpha and preliminary beta tests on functional DVT prototypes in early March. We’re currently making modifications that incorporate feedback from those preliminary tests to improve the overall camera experience.
In order to test these improvements, we have dramatically expanded our beta program. In May, we will begin shipping pre-release L16s loaded with beta software to select pre-order customers who volunteered as beta testers. We expect mass production of the L16 to begin after beta testing is completed in late June and general pre-order shipments to begin on July 14. Given the length of our pre-order list, we expect fulfillment of all pre-orders to stretch through late summer.
Related updates from April 14, 2017:
- Light Confirms Shipping Dates! Expanded Beta Starts in May – Pre-orders to be Shipped In July
- New Light Blog Post: Light L16 Update
- New Light L16 Images From Cuba! Oh The Dynamic Range and the Narrow Depth of Field **Updated
- Light L16 Updates – Bad News For Our International (ie. non-USA) Friends – Pre-Orders Being Refunded
- Additional Light L16 Photos Spotted – Shots From The Factory
Here's the email going out to those who pre-ordered:
(cover photo credit: snap from the pre-order email)